Sunday, December 12, 2010

Finally, an update!

I have been such a slacker updating! I am going to try and be better at updating this! A few things have happened since I last posted.
• Derek got a promotion! His internship was turned into a full time, benefits eligible position. He is now also doing network support along with his other responsibilities! I am so proud of him!!
• I am still working with pre-k and loving it! I am at a different school, and have many opportunities to do more teaching and interacting with parents. It had been really nice so far! I am also going to school, and actually really enjoying the semester!
• Dexter got fixed. This is still a sensitive subject with him! He was such a good boy! It was really hard for me to take him to get surgery. He was so happy and excited, but as soon as the nurse put him on the table he started shaking. I barely made it to the car before I started bawling. I was a nervous wreck all day! He did fine though, except for hating his “cone of shame” (or “Elizabethan collar” as I called it. It’s just so much more regal sounding!) I’ve decided the cone is bad news for an already clumsy dog, Derek and I had the bruises to show it!
• WE MOVED! This is probably the most exciting news! For the last little over a year we have been living with Derek’s dad. I will always be so grateful for him helping us out! Because of him, we were able to get back on our feet! I am also thankful for the experience because I think it has strengthened my relationship with my father-in-law. However, anyone who lives with family (no matter how much you love them) knows how difficult it can be for both parties! We were very excited to find an apartment that we really liked! We are living in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartments in Sandy! We are close to the grass (for Dexter) and have many dogs around us Dexter can play with! Also, Dexter is loving being able to wonder around the entire apartment! I’m loving decorating the apartment, cooking every night and having more privacy! This was a good move for us!
• We got a Costco card!! This is very exciting too! I don’t know why, but I feel so secure knowing I have 3 huge bottles of ketchup, 8 bags of pasta and a huge box of crackers in my pantry!
• My grandpa passed away in November. This was really hard for me and my family. He was completely fine and independent, but was diagnosed with Melanoma in his stomach in September and everything went downhill from there. We were able to bury him with my mom, so this brings some comfort to us.
• We (I am trying to do homework, Derek is trying to deal with me stressing) are trying to get through finals week so we can enjoy our Christmas vacation. We are so excited to be able to have our own little Christmas morning with our own tree and apartment!

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com